There can be many reasons you need the best cardstock printer. It could be for printing wedding invitations, Business cards, greeting cards, photographs etc. Not all printers can print appropriately on such a thick paper. Every printer has a specific limit on the size and thickness of the paper used. You certainly don’t want to end up with a pricey printer that prints out just average quality paper. That’s why we reviewed some of the best printer for cardstock so you can make the best decision.
Best Printer for Cardstock Reviewed
Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer
If you are looking for a printer that will get you through some monochrome printing, then this is the one for you. This printer from Brother is capable of printing on paper, envelopes, labels, fabric, and even cardstocks. It is one of the best laser printer for cardstock as it pushes out a heap of copies without you having to worry about anything. The Brother line of printers also holds a unique record for being the number one printer in terms of reliability and satisfaction. This tells you a lot about the build and quality of the printer that comes out of this brand. Here are some key features that you need to know about the Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer.
- The possibility to print up to 27 papers per minute is a great boost if you are in a hurry.
- The printer can hold up to 250 sheets at a time. So you do not have to worry about changing the paper often.
- This printer also comes with automated two-sided printing. The average speed for such printing is 13 A4 size sheets.
- With multiple slots, you can manually print two sides of the sheet as well. And all the copies end up at the rear, so it is easy to collect.
- It is compatible with windows 10. You can uninstall all the existing drivers from your previous OS and install this for seamless usage.
- You can connect it via a USB port available on it. This ensures that the printer runs without any issues, even if your system is not working.
- The USB port uses high-speed USB 2.0, so you can be sure the printer’s print speed will be fast.
- The resolution of this printer is quite high. It can print at 2400 x 600 dpi resulting in a premium quality black and white printout.
- The brand suggests a monthly print capacity of 1000 sheets. This will help increase the life of the printer in the long run.
- It had an inbuilt toner save mode, which helped save printer ink for fewer important documents.
- The printer comes with a 1-year company warranty and lifetime call support. So that is something you can rely on.
Sadly the Brother HL-L2300D monochrome laser printer does not have Wi-Fi support, which is a big deal if you are in 2020. But to component this printer, it has so many other features and makes up for it. It also has dynamic printing and, along with its other features, makes it one of the printers in the market.
Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer
If you are in the market, look for a printer capable of printing pictures, then this is the one for you. Epson Artisan 1430 is one of the best printers for heavy cardstock. Heavy cardstock is something that you would most likely use if you are printing pictures. So it is only right that you have the right printer for the job. When you invest in a printer, you are bound to know a little about it before you buy it. So here are the features that the Epson Artisan 1430 inkjet printer brings to the table.
- This printer allows you to print on a wide range of materials, unlike most office or home printers available on the market.
- It comes with a CD / DVD tray out of the box, so it’s easy for you to print on CDs and DVDs directly.
- The maximum print size is 13 x 19 inches. This is equivalent to printing on an A4 size sheet. This is something that not all photo printing printers provide for household or office use.
- You can now access the printer using a Wi-FiWi-Fi network. This means anyone who is within the network radius can accessories it and print quality prints.
- It comes with the Claria hi-definition ink. The pack contains an array of cyan, yellow, black, magenta, light cyan, and light magenta.
- Thanks to the DX5 micro piezo technology, you can print up to 5760 x 1440 dpi resolution.
- The ink drop is as small as 1.5 picoliters resulting in the hi-definition images you get as output.
- The photo printed using this printer is smug, water, scratch, and fade resistant. Which makes the life of the image longer than average printer images.
- This printer provides you with grains-free, accurate skin tone, and shattered images.
The best part about this printer is that you do not have to change the entire cartridge when one colour gets over. You can simply change the colour that is not there and continue with your works. You can also connect it with a third part continuous ink system for maximum efficiency in the long run, which is a bonus. Overall this is one of the best printers for cardstock printing.
Canon Picks iX6820 wireless printer
Canon stepped up the game with their completely wireless inkjet printers that make all your office need effortless. What makes this printer stand out from its competitors is its ability to scan documents through your mobile devices and print it wirelessly using Wi-FiWi-Fi. Though it is on the midrange budget, it holds some hind end features. Here are all the features that you need to know before you buy this amazing printer.
- You can connect with the printer in three different ways, using the wireless LAN, ethernet, and Hi-speed USB port.
- It prints at a maximum resolution of 9000 x 2400 dpi making it one of the sharpest printers available on the market.
- You get extremely detailed photos thanks to its one picoliter print size.
- The printer comes with five ink tanks for various colours. So you can refill a particular colour instead of changing the entire cartridge.
- It only takes an average of 36seconds to print an image of 4 x 6 inches. This shows how fast the printer is on the whole.
- The photos that you print in this do not have any border. This is a benefit as you do not have to waste any part of the sheet you are printing on.
- The printer uses enhanced FINE print head technology for accurate printing. Combined with the 1 PL images, the image s is said to last for 300 years when stored in an album.
- You can print an HD movie frame that is clicked on selected canon camera on these printers. This is not something that nay printers can do.
- If you are one of those who get annoyed with your printer’s sound, worry not. This printer works al almost no noise giving you the best environment to work in.
- Since this has a wireless printing feature, the printer has an auto turn-on feature to print the file you send through Wi-FiWi-Fi. So you do not have to manually turn it on every time.
There are a lot of printers in the market, but not everything has the features Canon picks iX6820 has at this price point. This is most suitable for an office than a household. The printer features speakers for itself, and it does not need any separate promotions. This makes it one of the best printers for you to get your hands on.
Also check out our review of the printers with the cheapest ink cartridge by clicking here.
Canon TS9120 Wireless All in one printer
Looking at a wide range of printers will make you get confused over what to buy and hot to use them. To put an end to such confusion came the Canon TS9120 Wireless All in one printer. This printer is a scanner and printer and can even connect to your smartphones, making it the complete all-in-one printer you did not even know you were looking for. Before you decide on anything, here are the things that you need to know about the Canon TS9120 Wireless All in one printer.
- This printer comes with Wi-FiWi-Fi as well as Bluetooth connectivity option. It also has the conventional port connection option along with the option to connect your USB drive directly. All this makes it one of the easy to connect printers that you can get your hands on.
- Thanks to its six separate ink tanks, it is easy for you to get the right colour tone that you are looking for. It also helps produce close to real prints of the original file.
- It gives you a wide variety of print size option to choose from. Starting from the 4 x 6 inches to 5 x7 inches. You can also get your images printed at 5 x 5 inches giving it that square size that we see in social media platforms.
- It’s built-in card reader help you print images directly from your pen drives or memory cards. Making it more convenient to use than it already is.
- It has a built-in filter option, so you do not have to work on a computer to add filters to your images. You can add them to the printer itself before you print it.
- The printer has a 5-inch display on it. You can use it to find the file you want to print when you use your SD card or a Pendrive to print.
- The printer has a CD/DVD printing tray that you can print directly on the CD or DVD.
Talk about versatility, and this printer ticks all checkboxes. As you print pictures in, it can also print papers thicker than the conventional paper. This makes it one of the best printers for cardstock. From black and white to a photo print, it has got you covered, making it truly worth the all-in-one printer tag.
Mitsubishi decided to make a printer that will cover all your printing needs and be efficient at the same time. This printer is known for how convenience and power efficiency when compared to other printers under the same price range. The most eye-catching factor of this printer is its 1-watt power usage. You read it right; this printer only uses less than a WAtt o power when it stands by mode. This results in saving you from a big power bill at the end of the month. Here are some things you need to know about the Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S that makes it the contender for the best printer for cardstock.
- It prints at 300 dpi giving the output that high definition and the print quality that you expect from such printers.
- It comes with 2x 4×6 inch wide paper roll and 2×400 photo prints to get you started with, as you open the box.
- The design of this printer is small and compact to fit into small areas inside your office.
- It prints at high speed. To print a 4 x 6-inch photo, it only takes 11.8 seconds, which is an excellent indicator of the printer’s speed.
- It gives you the option to print both glossy or matt finish prints. This is something that not many printers in this price range offer to its customers.
- 2×6, 3.5×5, 4×6, 5×7, 6×6, and 6×8 inches are all the print options that it gives you.
- It has an ink rewind and rollback feature to print various prints with the same print rill it has.
- The design of this printer is such that it does not allow any dust to get into it. Making sure that your prints do not get any dust particles attached to it.
- It has USB 2.0 for faster integration with the original file.
- Thanks to its high speed, it can transfer up 64 MB of data for print per second.
- When it is in stand by mode, it only used 0.5 Watt of power. This helps save a lot of power and reduce your power bill at the end of each month.
Since this printer uses ink ribbons, it will be easy to replace once it is over. On the whole, it is one of those products that does not need too much maintenance. Even with such low maintenance, it provides standard prints and saves a lot of electricity at the same time. All this gets this printer a worthy place on the list of best printer for cardstock.