Gaming Laptops have been one of the best tech innovations made to enhance the quality of screen time and user experience. It has been gaining popularity in recent times due to its effectiveness and impressive experience to provide high-quality game streaming. It also has updated features like graphics, high speed, large memory that really excite me to get going and play games, after a stressful day. The HD visuals and high sound quality are so chic to play. But, it’s important to find a good gaming laptop with the best features.
I will take you through the guide and tell you what to look for while buying a gaming laptop. This guide will also give you the recommendations for best gaming laptops of the year to provide you the best user compliance. The gaming laptop is an expensive asset to purchase, so do go through the article to discover the best features required in the gaming laptop.
Let’s list down the basic components which determine the life and quality of the laptop by considering the features of a good laptop-
The most important part of any laptop or computer is the CPU – which acts as the central core of the product. A CPU is like backend support to the hardware. So, I prefer to have a good central processor with a good memory, core, and cache. A good CPU with a durable lifetime can enhance the working of your gaming laptop.
Gaming Laptop CPU
I prefer my laptop to have a strong core with a multi-core processor. It should support multi-core technology and has greater efficiency and effectiveness. Every core of the laptop should be utilized to a good extent. It allows the laptop to perform various functions at one time and provides good output.
The CPU core helps to store the short-term information in the random access memory (RAM) for future usage. It is generally preferred to use a Multi-Core Processor as it produces High Performance in return.
I have heard many notions about good cache or its benefits. Just to summarise my learning, the cache allows temporary storage of files. It is analogous to the memory of the computer. The way the memory stores files in computers, cache stores files in the processor. Hence, I would recommend a good cache structure.
This is one of the advancements in CPUs in recent times. Many computers and laptops have a separate Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). These enhance the graphics and picture quality of the display. I have a great experience with Integrated GPUs and would recommend it as well. This can be present on motherboards ranging from 32 MB to 152 MB. It has been widely used in upcoming game consoles.
The notion of understanding a good or bad frequency has been changing through the years. Many processors with good frequency might as well not have a good output, hence it is not a very reliable factor to predict the CPUs efficiency.
CPUs comprise a big operating unit that needs to be chosen appropriately. A good CPU can help in efficient data processing, speed, artificial intelligence processing, and many more.
For some great CPU options, you can check out the list of gaming CPUs in my guide for choosing the best CPU for RTX 2070.
Some efficient and recommended CPUs are –
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X has 6 cores
- Intel Core i5-10600K with 6 processing cores
- Intel Core i7-10700K with 8 multiprocessing cores
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X with 12 cores
- AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with 4 cores
Choosing a good GPU for your Gaming Laptop
GPU stands for Graphics Processing Units. GPUs are pioneers in the development of the Gaming Industry. It is very essential for the gaming laptop to have an amazingly high quality of graphics to provide a realistic and good User Experience.
GPUs have highly enhanced the video and gaming quality and can also be used for professionals applications. I would like to change this notion of – The more expensive GPU, the better it is. No, it’s not always necessary. It majorly depends on the application. Some GPUs used for professional applications, do have a high price. They stimulate the characterization of multiple images at one point and enhance the graphics quality immeasurably.
- Good Bandwidth
- Comparison between BIT Rates
- Larger memory
- Good clock speed
- It lacks Virtual Memory
- Should have multiple ALUs – (arithmetic logic unit)
- Multiple cores
Other essential components of a gaming laptop include the Display, RAM, and keyboard. I personally really check the display and RAM as they affect the majority of user experience. The GPU can be integrated or can come in isolation. It is also popularly known as a graphic card. Without a good graphic card, the video and audio quality of the screen display will not be to the desirable quality.
If you want a GPU that can give the 4k gaming experience then check this article about GPUs that support 1440p 144hz display.
Best GPU Range for Laptops to help you enjoy the lovely visuals of the game include
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 with a 10 GB memory
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 has 8 GB of memory
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super with 8 GB Memory
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT with high speed and 8 GB memory
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super with an 8 GB memory
- AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT with 1080p graphics card having 6 GB memory
Looking for a GOOD Display
A good display directly reflects good quality and value for the money of the product. Each day in the market, new products come with updated features. A good display depends on various other features of the laptop like resolution, Panel type, and more.
Features in a Good Display
- High Resolution – A good display provides an image in high resolution as this gives the visual dimensions present in the display. It is generally expressed in Width× Height. Resolutions govern the pixels of the image. According to my experience, a good display enhances the whole user experience.
- Low Response time
- Accuracy in color correctness
- Image quality order with tried and test results are TN< IPS< VA.
- Higher Refresh Rates – It is a decent character of importance in the display quality. It represents the number of times, the information on the screen gets updated and it performs smooth transitions between images.
- No lagging between transitions
With all these features at a good and affordable price, the display will be worth buying. Choosing a good display will enhance your user experience tenfold. So, go ahead and choose your display based on these given points.
Impressive Displays for Gaming include
- Razer Raptor 27 having high resolution
- Asus ROG Swift PG259QN with brilliant response time
- Alienware AW2521H having the fastest refresh rate
- Acer XFA240 with lag-free gameplay
- Gigabyte G27F with IPS quality
Qualities to look for in a Good Keyboard
A design keyboard of good quality allows smoother commands and customized output. The keyboard with special keys has a big advantage of minute control of the game. These keyboards are helpful in volume control and multimedia control as well.
Features in a gaming keyboard:
- Swappable Switches – it has direct contact with the soldering of the circuit and can be easily rebuilt if damaged. Such keyboards have a long life and are a great buy
- Layout – Multiple layouts exist for the keyboard forms. You will be surprised to see the variety and range. The major type of layout is Full, 75%, or in the form of 60% layout. Various 60% layout gaming keyboards are good but have less durability.
- Special Keys – Gaming Keyboards have specialized keys for vivid control. These are also called the programmable keys and allow the permission to write a complicated command using one single key.
List of Media Keys –
The FN key – Function Key from F9 – F12. These help to manage audio and video settings.
Ctrl and Alter Keys
- Actuation and Sensitivity of the Keyboard – if your fingers are too sensitive to a key, it will increase its actuation. The more the depth of actuation, the less sensitive the key becomes. There are many keyboard compatibility tests to determine the correct type of Keyboard match for you.
- RGB Background / Background Lightning – It is an amazing feature to provide assistance to game players for playing in any type of lightning. It is very helpful in playing in the low-light background.
- Multicolor Background – This provides a cool effect on the keyboard for chic lighting and effect. The ambiance highly gets enhanced by these keyboard settings.
So gamers, go ahead and find the best keyboard type for yourself and enjoy the smooth user-experience with your favorite games.
Mechanical keyboards are currently the best thing you can get for gaming. If you’re looking for such durable and precise keyboards then be sure to check my article about the best tenkeyless mechanical keyboard.
Best Gaming Keyboards to assist the commands and instructions-
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum having reticence of lightning and macro keys
- HyperX Alloy Origin and is amongst the best midrange mechanical keyboards
- Kinesis Freestyle Edge RGB with customizable effects
- SteelSeries Apex 7 TKL with classy
- Logitech Pro X with RGB lightning and chic factors.
Look for RAM excellence
RAM – Random Access Memory, is the laptop’s short-term memory for the reference of your processor. It plays a crucial role in the smooth functioning of the laptop. The data which is required to play any game or to play a movie comes from the RAM and is essentially important to increase the speed of the laptop. If the RAM decreases, the laptop can slow down and hang multiple times.
Investing in good processors and good RAM is like investing in funds giving long-term benefits. Buy a RAM of high storage to increase the speed and remove tear or lag from the gameplay. These can be added along with a good CPU to create a magical effect while playing.
You can be very lucky to find a proper serving large RAM laptop at a good price by considering these below features:
- They can come in two types namely – Static and Dynamic RAM
- Any good RAM memory should consume less power
- Should be efficient in storing memory
- Should not be required to refresh many times
Such features of the RAM coupled with all the amazing features mentioned above will help you choose a gaming laptop providing you the best quality, safety, and protection. The user experience will be as great as playing a game in real life.
Best RAM recommendations
- Corsair Vengeance LED with good memory
- G.Skill Trident Z RGB with affordable prices
- HyperX Fury RGB 3733MHz with a high capacity and frequency
- G.Skill Trident Z RGB DC having double Capacity memory
- Crucial Ballistix Sport is the best laptop gaming RAM
Best Gaming Laptops – An Overview
Here are some recommendations for you to choose the best gaming laptop for yourself,
- The Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 having 32 GB RAM and many Chic features
- The Asus TUF Dash F15 having 16 GB
- Alienware M15 R3 having 32 GB
- Alienware m17 R4 having 32 GB
- Razer Blade Pro 17 (2021) upto 32 GB
- Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 GU502 having 16 GB
- Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 G733 having 16 – 64 GB
- Gigabyte Aorus 17G having 64 GB
- Dell G5 15 SE having 8-16 GB
- Razer Blade Stealth 13 up to 16 GB
These are the best laptops having eminent features for best user compliance and experience.
Even if you’re not a gamer but looking for some quality laptops that are high performance and still in your budget then you can check my article on best laptops for lawyers, here I have not only covered the requirements of lawyers but these are great for anyone looking for a durable and high performance laptop.
Gaming laptops are important to relax and unwind the stress of a busy day. It is important to enjoy the time of gaming after a day full of work and stress. In these COVID-19 pandemic times, the world has come to a static spot.
The situations have become unprecedented and stressful for all. It is important to treat yourself and have a good time by playing your favorite games and on apps. A good gaming laptop will provide you the best comfort and peace of mind. So, consider the options and recommendations and choose a great gaming laptop with vivid features of good RAM, memory, keyboard, CPU, GPU, and display.
The speed, ease of use, quality, versatility, and good features of a gaming laptop can be chosen to invest to create a good asset for yourself.